SPREAD THE MESSAGE OF UNITY AND FRIENDSHIP IN OUR COMMUITY. Walk down Massachusetts Ave. with your neighbors, visiting more than 10 houses of worship and other religious centers in a public celebration of solidarity and friendship among different faiths and cultures in our diverse community. Sunday, September 10, 2017. Opening ceremony at Washington Hebrew Congregation, 1:30 PM with concluding ceremony at the Islamic Center of Washington at 5 PM. Additional information and registration: InterFaith Conference of Metropolitan Washington or email@example.com.
GOOD FAITH COMMUNITIES COALITION ANNUAL MEETING: Sunday, October 29, 2017 at 2 PM at Temple Micah. Keynote Speaker: Jean-Michel Giraud, President and CEO, Friendship Place. Friendship Place is a pioneer in cost-effective, permanent and rapid solutions to homelessness. We look forward to this presentation on programs that work to end homelessness. More information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Testimonies on FY 2018 Proposed Budget, FY2017 Oversight Hearings.
Council Committee on Housing and Community Development. April 11, 2017: Support for Housing Production Trust Fund
Council Committee on Human Services. April 24, 2017: Support for TANF Restructuring Legislation
- Council Visits – The DC Council has 13 members – a chairman, 4 at large members, and 1 member for each of 8 Wards.
Good Faith has visited 8 of the 13 Council members since the first of the year about Good Faith’s priorities – affordable housing, year-round right to shelter, chronic homelessness, encampments, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) legislation and the Homeless Services Reform Act Amendments 2017.
Like to join a team visiting a Council member? Contact: Ron Castaldi, email@example.com
- Spend 10 worthwhile minutes with the Biblical Roots of Justice as 4 clergy reflect on our call as faith communities to work for justice for our neighbors in need. Watch the Video of the October 12th event (11 minutes).
- Read the Covenant. 42 DC congregations and 5 faith organizations have signed the Covenant. Encourage your congregation to become a participant in the covenant community!
- For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org